The U.S. State Department's probe of the terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012, was haphazardly conducted and the investigators failed to interview and question the State Department's top officials including then-Secretary of Hillary Clinton, according to a report on Sunday by Fox News Channel's star national security correspondent, Catherine Herridge.
While the Obama administration continues to argue that it is cooperating fully with the probe into security failures as well as alleged failures in leadership during the seven-hour attack at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, it's been proven that Obama's minions are stonewalling the investigation at every turn, according to veteran intelligence, military and law enforcement officers.
"President Obama and his 'parrot squad' called Benghazi a phony scandal, so it's no surprise to discover that his State Department conducted a phony investigation," said former police terrorism task force member Gerhard Fedneysen.
Herridge broke the story regarding alleged improprieties with the internal State Department investigation into Benghazi Sunday evening during Fox Report with Harris Faulkner. She reported that she had obtained an advance draft of a long-anticipated report by Republicans serving on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, chaired by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
According to Herridge, considered one of the best reporters covering the war on terrorism, the report reveals that the "Benghazi terror attack let senior officials off the hook for the policy decisions that led to sub-standard security at the U.S. compound in eastern Libya.
The State Department's Accountability Review Board, or ARB, allegedly fudged their investigation by not being comprehensive or thorough, and the ARB probe may have been compromised by "conflicts of interest," according to Herridge's initial report.
An important revelation is that the State Department, as a result of the board’s findings, disciplined only four mid-level officials, but the ARB practically ignored the roles and decisions of senior-level officials.
In fact, as reported by the Examiner, the four officials were reinstated after being suspended with pay during the ARB probe.
The Oversight Committee's draft report claims the internal review identified many of the security problems with the Benghazi compound, while ignoring who was behind the policy decisions that led to them," wrote Ms. Herridge, the author of “The Next Wave: On the Hunt for Al Qaeda’s American Recruits” a book that details the threats posed by al-Qaeda.
The draft report addresses questions regarding the continued operation of the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi after a number of documented terrorist attacks. Witnesses told Republican investigators that the decision to run the operation on an ad hoc basis was largely responsible for the inadequate security presence on the ground in Benghazi, not money, according to Herridge's reading of the report.
The report states, according to Herridge, that it remains unclear which senior leaders were involved in decision-making but it does surmise that based on emails, Secretary Clinton played a key role in the decision-making process.
What troubles many people following the Benghazi investigation is that "not one of the four State Department employees who were disciplined after the ARB was released in December, and later re-instated by Secretary of State John Kerry in August, were responsible for making policy," according to an Examiner news story.
"The draft states that the use of administrative leave was meant to leave the impression of accountability and that the policy decision to maintain a presence in Benghazi with substandard security was made at the most senior levels of the State Department by officials who have so far escaped blame -- including Feltman, Kennedy and Clinton," according to Herridge.