Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you've heard of AMC's hit show "Breaking Bad," which follows the perilous adventures of one Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a former chemistry teacher who becomes entangled in the meth business after discovering he has cancer. With three episodes left to go before it's all over, everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see how it will all resolve, with last night's episode building everyone's anticipation even more as we approach the end.
Today we have some great news for fans of the show. On November 26th, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing Breaking Bad: The Complete Series on Blu-ray in a 16-disc set that includes all 62 episodes and more than 55 hours of bonus features, including all previously-released material and an all-new two-hour documentary detailing the filming of the final eight episodes.
The collector's set will feature the series contained in a replica black barrel, which fans will recognize as the same type that Walt stashed his money in in a recent episode, and there's still more. The set also includes a 16-page booklet with a letter from show creator Vince Gilligan, a commemorative coin designed by Gilligan, and an exclusive Los Pollos Hermanos apron.
Here's a closer look as to what special features will be in the set:
No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad - An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.
Additional bonus features include all previously released featurettes and retail exclusives:
· Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.
· Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled "Blood Money."
· Scene Envy – The Cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.
· Shocking Moments - The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.
· From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.
· How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.
· Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader -- A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.
· Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.
· A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman –A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.
· Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.
· Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.
· Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
· The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.
· Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective - Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.
· Ted's Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.
· The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points.”
· Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.’s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.
I think it's safe to say that this will be the definitive edition for any fan of the show. It's available for pre-order on Amazon already, so be sure to head on over to pick up your copy of one of the best shows of the last several years today!