The 71st annual Golden Globes awards ceremony was held earlier this evening, honoring Hollywood's best performances on the big and small screen from the past year.
Among television category winners, FOX's freshman comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" took home top honors in TV comedy, beating out favorite "The Big Bang Theory" and three others: "Girls", "Modern Family" and NBC's "Parks and Recreation". Star Andy Samberg also won best actor in a comedy series.
The final season of AMC's "Breaking Bad" took home best dramatic series and won star Bryan Cranston a best actor trophy.
While "Behind the Candelabra," HBO's Liberace biopic, took home the Golden Globe for best TV movie or miniseries at Sunday's ceremony. The film's star, Michael Douglas, also took home a Globe for best actor in a miniseries or TV film, beating out his co-star Matt Damon who was nominated in the same category.
Full list of Golden Globe winners in television categories
- Series, Drama: "Breaking Bad"
- Actor, Drama: Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
- Actress, Drama: Robin Wright, "House of Cards"
- Series, Musical or Comedy: "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Amy Poehler, "Parks and Recreation"
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Andy Samberg, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
- Miniseries or Movie: "Behind the Candelabra"
- Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Elisabeth Moss, "Top of the Lake"
- Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Michael Douglas, "Behind the Candelabra"
- Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Jacqueline Bisset, "Dancing on the Edge"
- Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Jon Voight, "Ray Donovan"
NOW READ THIS...