This recipe is based on one that came in my email from Allrecipes. I changed it to suit what I had on hand. Easy and yummy!
For everything you need to make it, shop your local Meijer.
- 4 slices bacon (I used one cup of chopped smoked sausage. Breakfast sausage would also be great)
- 2 peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t season salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- hot sauce, optional
- Place meat in a large, deep skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium-high heat til evenly brown. Remove bacon slices, reserving any grease. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add potatoes to bacon grease and season with garli, season salt and pepper. Cook til potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, add meat back to the pan. Pour eggs over potatoes and cook til firm. Spread with cheese and cover with lid til melted.
- Serve with hot sauce, is using.