Today FilmTelevisionAuditions.com is reporting that Disney XD has given the green light to begin production on a brand new half-hour comedy series pilot titled "Neckpee Island". The casting directors have now sent out casting calls for series regulars and guest starring roles, for both child roles between 12-14 years old, and for adults of various ages. The extras will be cast throughout production, which will begin in mid-October, 2013. There will be a fairly large amount of kids cast as extras to play middle school students. Shooting will take place in Los Angeles.
"Neckpee Island" centers on a mischievous middle school student named OB who moves to Neckpee Island with his scientist father, for the reason that it is "the best place on earth to view the stars". To keep OB out of his usual troubles, the principal forces OB to join the after school Flag Core and it's whacky members. OB soon becomes suspicious of cocky faculty adviser Mr. Khool, who has a secret underground laboratory where he is conducts experiments with the goal of hatching his not-so-good plans.
Starring in "Neckpee Island" is Nickelodeon veteran 13-year-old actor Jacob Bertrand, who is being eyed by Disney Channel/Disney XD as the next major star for the network. Disney also has Bertrand starring in a second pilot titled Kirby Buckets. The hope is for one of these two series pilots to be the starring vehicle for this talented young star. Bertrand is repped by Emily Urbani of Osbrink Talent.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
All talent including minors and foreign actors must be legally eligible to work in the state of California and in the United States.
The 2013 Los Angeles Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Los Angeles and the United States:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• California Child Actor Permit Application
• California Minors Summary Chart
• Child Actor Coogan Trust Deposit Instructions
• California Division of Labor Standards Offices
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Los Angeles Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Los Angeles Casting Directors List
• Los Angeles Extras Casting Directors List
• Los Angeles Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Los Angeles Acting Classes List
• Acting Classes for Young Actors in Los Angeles
• Los Angeles Headshot Photographers List
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Los Angeles Resources
• Actors Unions
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button on the link below, under the comments section. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Official Facebook Page!