When is the last time you went to the internet to look for a customer review or feedback on your favorite brands or wanted to perform some research before buying a product? It was probably just a few days ago and you may not have even noticed it!
Millions of people are using the internet every day to find reviews and product information that is greatly influencing whether or not they decide to purchase or try a new product. The problem with using the internet to find reviews is that you can never be sure what reviews are real or fake.
So what does this mean about your business and the decision process your potential customers are going through before making a final decision?
Brand.com just came out with an excellent infographic that highlights some of the most important stats about how important it is to make sure your positive reviews and real customer feedback is ranking at the top of the search results.
- 65% of people say they used their mobile device to find a business
- 65% of consumers read between 2-10 reviews
- 68% of women consult online reviews, along with 66% of men
- 58% of consumers trust a business that has positive online reviews
- 72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 70% of people have used the internet to find a local business in the last 12 months
- 27% of consumers regularly use online reviews to determine which local business to use
- 16% of consumers said they used the internet every week to find local businesses
- 15% of consumers said they had not used the internet to find a local business
You can view the full infographic by clicking here.
If these stats teach you anything, it's that people are researching online reviews before they are buying and a vast majority of the people doing so are believing the information they find... whether it is real or not. This is why it is crucial for you to take the time and effort to grow a positive reputation for yourself, your brand and service online. Make it easy for customers to find reviews on your products while also making it easy for them to order. The best way to do this is by making sure you have as many of your own web sites and reviews ranking on the first page of the search results for your name products and brand.