Wow, this is brutal. The 19th annual Sally Beauty Best Tressed® Survey, commissioned by Sally Beauty Supply raked a few celebrities (Snooki, Pik, Ke$sha) over the coals for bad hair days of 2012, but they also lauded some such as Kate Middleton, Sofia Vergara and Taylor Swift. Men weren’t immune either, the cosmetics supplier gave thumbs down to the coifs of Brad Pitt and John Travolta, and high marks to Brad Pitt, Ryan Seacrest and Ryan Lochte.
The survey asked American women to cast a vote on the good, the bad and the ugly. Additionally, the survey asked participants to weigh in on their own styling habits, which yielded interesting results.
2012 proved beards and poofs were not favorite styles, with the cast of Duck Dynasty and Snooki both taking home Worst Hairstyle honors. For the second year in a row, voters agreed that royal hair ruled, and bestowed upon Kate Middleton the title of Best Female Hairstyle. Brad Pitt came out on top with the Best Male Hair, but not all voters approved of his current look. He also placed second for the worst.
Participants also divulged their own personal dos and don'ts of hair care. Here's a few interesting tidbits:
- 39% of women chose "texture" as the one thing they would change about their hair if they could. 22% said "health."
- 60% of women cite mullets as the hairstyle they hope never comes back, followed by 16% who said Jheri curls
- 30% of women wash their hair three times or less a week, while 24% wash theirs every day.
- Votes were close among two favorite nail trends of 2012. 38% chose rhinestones and glitter, and 33% said nail art featuring geometric patterns was their top pick.
- 91% of women spend 20 minutes or less styling their hair.
The Sally Beauty Supply Best Tressed® Survey polled results from 1,000 women and was conducted by MarketTools, Inc. The survey ran from December 12, 2012 to December 14, 2012