Brackets have been released for the 2013 NWCA/Cliff Keen Multi-Divisional National Duals taking place Jan. 12-13 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Ill., the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) announced Tuesday.
This is the second year for the two-part National Duals format. The Multi-Divisional event in January features all but Division I competition; a separate D1 "Mat Mayhem" 24-team, two-weekend, dual-meet tournament will be held in February.
Here are the seeds for the five divisions competing at the 2013 Multi-Divisional National Duals:
- Division II: University of Nebraska-Kearney is the top seed. No. 2 seed is Newberry; Central Oklahoma is No. 3, while St. Cloud State is No. 4.
- Division III: Wartburg College is the top seed. Elmhurst College is the second seed; SUNY Cortland and Augsburg are the No. 3 and 4 seeds, respectively.
- NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics): Seeds to be announced.
- NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association): No. 1 seed is Labette; Iowa Central is the second seed, with Colby and Niagara seeded third and fourth.
- Women's: Oklahoma City University is the No. 1 seed, with King seeded second, Simon Fraser third, and Lindenwood the fourth seed.
Want to know more? Check out the official website for the 2013 NWCA/Cliff Keen Multi-Divisional National Duals, which includes links to the complete brackets for each division.
The college wrestling season is here! Keep up with all the developments in the sport year round... by clicking the "sign up" button at the top of the page -- or click on the Twitter link below -- to make sure you don't miss a single article from College Wrestling Examiner, winner of Amateur Wrestling News' Dellinger Award as wrestling writer of 2011. It's absolutely FREE!