I knew this article would be fun, informative, and most of all gratifying because the contest was searching to find real women who were, "not only beautiful on the outside, but the inside, too." (Quote from Style News- Style Watch -People.com) You may read the whole article here: http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/09/19/people-botox-real-women-contest/#comment
Being involved in the entertainment field for over 30 years it became very easy for me to determine and really appreciate the "true beauties"! It was always their inner and outer balance, along with whatever it was they were doing that would light up their lives and define their "unique" beautiful appearance! In my opinion, the five winners of the "Women Just Like You" contest are all beauties ~ inside and out!
Comments from Lela Rose on "Women Just Like You"...
Question: Tell us about the “Women Just Like You” contest and why you decided to partner with BOTOX Cosmetic on this campaign.
LELA: My work as a fashion designer celebrates being a woman through design that is feminine and approachable. While looking and feeling your best is important, I also believe women should be celebrated for their success. The “Women Just Like You” campaign – sponsored by BOTOX Cosmetic in celebration of the 10 year anniversary of the product and the millions of women who have been treated with BOTOX Cosmetic over the past decade - is all about celebrating other women who put their best face forward every day at work, at home and in their community.
I’m a proud supporter of BOTOX Cosmetic and the work the brand does to celebrate the millions of women who have received real, noticeable, predictable results through treatment with the product. Women should talk to a doctor to see if the treatment is right for them. The BOTOX Cosmetic website can help them find a doctor at: http://www.botoxcosmetic.com
Question: Can you tell us more about the contest?
LELA: I joined with BOTOX Cosmetic and PEOPLE magazine in search of five women who are “Women Just Like You”. These five women were selected from more than 2,200 entries for the campaign and were flown to New York to receive the “star treatment” from me and participate in a photo shoot with celebrity photographer Dorian Caster . Their photos and stories appeared in a recent People Magazine advertorial spread.
Question: I’m sure all of these women have amazing stories. Can you tell us a bit more about them?
LELA: I am so inspired by all of these women and it was a pleasure to work with each of them during the photo shoot. They all deserve to be recognized for their unique accomplishments. More about the winners of the Women Just Like You contest:
• Aimee Miller of Dallas, TX is a local fashion designer and business owner. Aimee was inspired by the needs of her community to create a line of denim jeans for the everyday woman.
• Sabrina Sexton from Atlanta, GA is a local photographer, baker, and caregiver. By day she works at the American Cancer Society in Atlanta, and has also turned her passion for photography into a way of giving back. In her spare time, Sabrina uses her love of baking to raise money for charity and her local relay for life.
• Valerie Wildman of Los Angeles, CA is a local community activist and education consultant for L.A. schools. While she has been an actress for most of her life, her true passion is helping kids in Los Angeles.
• Titi Jonasson from Oceanside, CA is a local fitness enthusiast and caregiver. Titi focuses on the health of herself and her family so she can take care of her husband who suffers from MS and her daughter, and not get caregiver burnout.
• Terry Richardson from Seattle, WA is a local cancer charity founder. She created the Innovator’s Network as part of the Hutchinson Cancer Center to help find a cure to cancer, and has already raised over one million dollars for the center and that is just the beginning.
Thank you Lela, for sharing all this wonderful information about Botox Cosmetic, the "Women Just Like You" contest, and the lovely women who won the contest. It was very inspiring!
If you haven't gone to the Botox Cosmetic website yet, here's the link one more time: www.botoxcosmetic.com/home.aspx
On this page you'll be able find:
• "Botox Safety information"
• "Women just like you": To view the winners ~ Click the icon!
• "Before and After Gallery": To view incredible photos ~ Click the icon!
• " Find A Doctor Now": Enter your zip code and locate a Doctor near you to find out if Botox is right for you!
I've used Botox Cosmetic with confidence, and will do so again! I was very impressed with the ease of the procedure, and how nice and long lasting the results were. You will be able to educate yourself very nicely with all of the information on the Botox Cosmetic website link. Write down any questions you may have, and be sure to share them with your doctor.
(Sources for quoted and/or paraphrased information in this article from Cosmetic Botox® fact sheets, Stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com, Botoxcosmetic.com, and commentary from Lela Rose)