Police responded to the complex Wednesday evening to investigate a reported sudden death and found a male deceased on the second floor. The second incident occurred early this morning when personnel from the Boston Housing Authority found another deceased male in a common area and a woman suffering from "system failure" according to Superintendent-In-Chief Daniel Linskey.
The woman was rushed to Brigham and Women's Hospital where her present condition is unknown but she was alive and talking to first responders at the scene.
Hazardous Materials teams from the Boston Fire Department responded and checked the six story, 119 unit building with meters and ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.
A thorough door-to-door check of the entire building was conducted by police and no further victims were reported.
Superintendent-In-Chief Linskey reported that the two deaths are not considered homicides but the incidents are unique in that the occurred in the same building within the same period of time.
Currently the focus is on whether the victims may have consumed something that caused the illness and officials state there in no contaminants in the air that would be cause for concern in the building.
The building is properly equipped with carbon monoxide detectors according to officials.
Boston Housing Authority spokeswoman, Lydia Agro, stated that grief counselors were being brought in for a building wide community meeting and to assure residents the building was safe.