After a memorandum of understanding between the NHL and the NHLPA was signed on Jan. 12, this freed all 30 teams to release their new, condensed 2013 season schedules. Here are some highlights for the Boston Bruins (full schedule is here):
- The Bruins open their season at home against the New York Rangers on Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. The game will be shown on NHL Network.
- Their first meeting with the archrival Montreal Canadiens happens on Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. in the Bell Centre.
- All but three games in February will be played on the road.
- The traditional St. Patrick's Day game is still on the schedule and will be played at 12:30 p.m. against the Pittsburgh Penguins. That game is going to be on NBC and is, as of now, the only Bruins game slated to be shown on NBC. However, some of their games will be on NBC Sports Network.
- March is a very busy month for the Bruins--they play 17 games.
The 2013 regular season for the Bruins ends on April 27 with a visit to the Washington Capitals. This means that the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs will stretch further into June than normal and could possibly even scrape the beginning of July. Time will tell.