An 11-year-old boy from Dorchester died of carbon monoxide poisoning on Saturday. The child was apparently trying to warm himself in a car while his father shoveled the massive snow that was caused by the blizzard.
Father and son were working together to free the car from a snow bank. However, when the boy got cold, his father started the car and allowed him to go inside.
Not knowing that the car exhaust was hidden by a snow bank, the fumes gathered in the vehicle.
The father eventually noticed that the boy was “overcome by the fumes” and “went into respiratory arrest.”
Emergency workers rushed both of them to Boston Medical Center. Unfortunately, the child was pronounced dead at the hospital, according to Daily News.
Previous article: Christopher Dorner manhunt