A Boston bombing "Meet the Press" taping came to a screeching halt when their guest of honor stormed off the set in tears. Adrianne Haslet-Davis is a brave woman and a dancer who is also one of the survivors of last year's brutal attack at the Boston Marathon. She agreed to appear on the show under two conditions. The names of the two Boston bombing suspects would not be used in her presence, and she would not be called a "victim." When her reasonable requests were not met, Haslet-Davis walked off the set.
According to a New York Daily News report dated April 12, 2014, Haslet-Davis reportedly asked "Meet the Press" staff to refrain from using the names of the two suspects during her appearance on the show. Although Haslet-Davis said they agreed, "Meet the Press" later released a statement that they were unable to make such a guarantee.
However, David Gregory, host of "Meet the Press" issued an apology of sorts via Twitter that read, “I’m so sorry @AdrianneHaslet was upset tdy + had a bad experience w MTP. As I told her, her comfort level is far more imp than any show."
As for Haslet-Davis, she posted her own account of what happened on her personal website, which is currently under construction, leaving no doubt as to her perception of how things were handled during the Boston bombing "Meet the Press" taping.
The Boston Marathon bombing survivor also used Twitter to express her feelings about her "Meet the Press" experience. Shortly after leaving the set, she wrote that her polite request to avoid using the suspects' names in her presence was not met. Her tweet prompted followers to voice their concerns and ask her more about what happened. Support for the dancer was overwhelmingly positive.
Out of respect for those who were impacted by the tragedy, including survivors like Haslet-Davis, the names of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects have not been used in this article. It goes without saying that Haslet-Davis is indeed a survivor.