Gearbox Software announced today that they have released several hot fixes for “Borderlands 2” that are now ready for deployment. These fixes will automatically take effect the next time players enter the game’s start menu while connected to the internet. This allows the developer to push solutions to game issues without having to wait for the next scheduled full game update. The following issues are addressed in today’s hot fix.
- Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
- Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.
Gearbox Software’s hot fixes are temporary solutions to in-game problems inside “Borderlands 2.” These quick updates will automatically download when starting up the game with an active internet connection. However, an internet connection must be kept active for the hot fix to continue to work. This allows players to get minor resolution to game issues until they can be permanently corrected with a full title update.