Let's face it, women today have many obstacles to overcome and the resources needed are not always available. Military-to-civilian transitioning females who live in the DFW metropolitan area have an opportunity to receive assistance finding employment through workshops offered by Attitudes & Attire. The programs at Attitudes & Attire® address many of the issues returning veterans face. Special workshops for women veterans are offered, complementary to the core programs Attitudes & Attire offers. The group sessions give women who have served in the military the camaraderie of being with peers who understand the unique experiences that have impacted them and the challenges they face transitioning to civilian life.
Boots to Heels™ - Seminar for Female Veterans
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:00a.m. to 2:30p.m.
World Trade Center
2050 N. Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207
A two day dynamic interactive group session on self-esteem, healthy relationships, financial fitness, interview skills, and resources for women veterans.
• Day 1 will include a session on interview skills, focusing on successful transitions to the civilian workplace, presented by The Texas Veterans Commission.
• Upon completion of the workshop on Day 1, each participant chooses workplace appropriate attire from our beautiful boutique. Volunteer personal shoppers assist clients with their wardrobe selections.
• Important resources for women veterans will be presented on Day 2, and participants will shop for shoes and a handbag to complement their interview suit.
If you would like to refer a veteran, please contact us to reserve her a place in our seminar in July. Participants must have a reservation.
• Call 214-746-4214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your client a place in our Boots to Heels™ seminar.
• After making a reservation for your client, please give her an Attitudes & Attire® Boots to Heels™ referral form.
Please visit www.attitudesandattire.org to learn more about the programs, the workshops, the boutique, and the work that has been done since 1996!
To find out more about the initiative to help women veterans, please contact Mary Pollinzi Brown, Program Director