Travel and tourism is a vital part of the South Florida economy – and that includes many companies that cater to travelers and tourists in the West Palm Beach area. A great way to expand your business’ customer base, cut costs and increase profits while helping the environment is by applying for Green Globe certification.
The Green Globe certification standard is an assessment of the sustainability performance of travel and tourism businesses and their supply claim partners. Based on several international standards and agreements – including Global Partnership of Sustainable Tourism Criteria, ISO 9001/14001/19011, and Agenda 21 and principles for sustainable development endorsed by 182 governments at the United Nations Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit in 1992 – Green Globe certification standards consist of no less than 337 compliance indicators applied to 41 individual sustainability criteria. These range from sustainability management system, legal compliance and employee training to sustainable design and construction to customer satisfaction.
Green Globe membership applies to a wide range of industry sectors, including:
- Businesses (wholesale/retail)
- Cruise ships (river and ocean)
- Golf courses
- Hotels and resorts
- Meeting and events
- Spa and health centers
- Transportation (mass transit, bus companies, limousine services, car rental companies)
- Travel Industry (e.g., tour operators, destination management companies, meeting and incentive industry)
Implementing the Green Globe standards offers your business many benefits. These include:
- Reducing your operating costs;
- Saving on utility costs;
- Achieving a clear return on investment;
- Gaining a competitive advantage;
- Earning recognition from business and leisure travelers; and
- Contributing to sustainability.
To learn more about Green Globe certification standards or how to apply for Green Globe membership, click here.
Want to keep up with the latest news and advice on green products and practices? Then click on the Subscribe button at the top of this page for regular updates.
To access an extensive archive of green business articles, click on my name.
And if you like an article, please share it on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter or Facebook.