Fall is on its way and with it comes piles and piles of leaves! This fall, use the abundance of leaves just outside your door for a fun decorating project for your child’s room. Just find a few good leaves that are intact and of a good size and follow the steps below to begin!
What you’ll need:
- Furniture paint (any color)
- Leaves (1-3 different sizes)
- Contact paper
- X-Acto knife
Eight easy steps:
- Paint the drawers of your dresser with the color of your choosing. Let dry.
- Trace a leaf with the stem onto a piece of cardboard.
- Cut out your leaf tracing to use as a template.
- Trace your template onto the back of a sheet of contact paper. Do this step for as many leaves as you wish to make.
- Using an X-Acto knife, cut out your contact paper tracing. *An X-Acto knife will give sharper/cleaner edges than scissors.
- Decide where you would like to arrange your leaf decals on your newly painted dresser.
- Peel off the paper from the contact decal you’ve made, then stick.
- Press decals down from the center to the edges to minimize any air bubbles.