Huge construction vehicles are fascinating to many children. If your young child loves these powerful machines, picture books that feature these vehicles will make your kid's day. The following books are filled with rough and tough construction equipment that will delight your machine-loving child.
- "Good Morning, Digger" by Anne Rockwell: A child reports on the process as a digger and other mighty machines transform a vacant lot into a community center.
- "A Hole in the Road" by Jakki Wood: When the road needs a new surface, a number of machines are used to complete the job.
- "Big Wheels" by Anne Rockwell: Hard-working pigs drive a variety of construction vehicles in this book that is both informative and entertaining.
- "The Little Dump Truck" by Margery Cuyler: Hard Hat Pete and his hardworking dump truck stay busy all day long.
- "The Construction Alphabet Book" by Jerry Pallotta: Children will learn about more than 26 types of construction vehicles and equipment in this A to Z book.
- "Big Machines" by Karen Wallace: Thanks to mighty equipment and hard workers, an old building is demolished and replaced with a community park.
- "My Big Truck Book" by Roger Priddy: Kids can study images of construction vehicles and other trucks in this sturdy photo collection.
- "Dazzling Diggers" by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker: Discover the many jobs diggers do in this catchy, rhyming book.
Find these and other construction-themed books at your local library. The main branch of the Peoria Public Library is located at 107 Northeast Monroe, Peoria, Ill. If your child just can't get enough of scoops, diggers and wreckers, these books will be a delightful treat for you to share.