Artists and bibliophiles across Nacogdoches County will compete for bragging rights in the 2013 Bookmark Contest hosted this month by the Judy M. McDonald Public Library. The winning entries will be printed and distributed at the Library and winners will be announced and honored at the Poetry Month Contest Recital on Monday, April 29, at 6:00 p.m.
The Bookmark Contest deadline is March 26, so please submit your entry promptly, following the guidelines listed below. For more information, please call the Library at 936-559-2970.
Contest Guidelines - A Few Highlights
* submissions must be the original work of the person submitting the entry
* limit of 3 entries per person
* categories are K-5th grade, 6th - 12th grade, and Adult
* paper entries must be on white, unlined paper
* finished bookmark size is 2 x 6 inches
* no computer-generated entries will be accepted
* all entries must be accompanied by the official Bookmark Contest Entry & Consent form, available here
* Do not trace or include any copyrighted images, such as a book, TV or movie character
* Library reserves the right to refuse any submission deemed inappropriate
Contest deadline is March 26, 2013
May the best Bookmark win!
To receive future updates about local events, please click Subscribe at the top.