Book spotlight (Young Adult): Unicorns of Balinor by Mary Stanton

Book 1 - The Road to Balinor
Book 1 - The Road to Balinor

Comments

• aslindy 5 years ago

This sounds like a great series. I love anything to do with horses and unicorns (as long as they are not too pink and sparkly). I'll be sure to check it out!

• hl_bc97 5 years ago

I was thinking that I would remember this book for my daughter when she gets a bit older. However, from your review, it sounds like something my son might like to read now. Thanks for the information. This book is not one I would have picked up on my own.

• Melody 5 years ago

Nice choice! I haven't thought about this series in years, though I used to use it to try and entice non-readers. I think I still own all of them.

• Dagda 5 years ago

This reminds me of a series I read as a child but for the life of me I can't think of the name. Sounds like a great way to get kids (and those of us who think we still are) to read. Thanks for the great review, maybe I should by it now for my future children. :)

Typed by my own two hands,
    Dagda

• Addie.Aynsley 5 years ago

I think my little sister would really get into this series. I'll have to see if they're at the library.

Great review!

• Kylandra 5 years ago

I remember reading these when I was younger and wishing that the series would be finished! I hope she does continue the series. I would love to see how things turn out. I really like the portrayal of the unicorns as speaking, thinking, characters. Most books portray them as magical objects rather than beings.

• Leann 5 years ago

I will have to take a look at this and see if interests either of my kids. Thanks

• ekaser 5 years ago

Another great series of young adult books: Megan Whalen Turner's "The Thief", "The Queen of Attolia" and "The King of Attolia". REALLY excellent, and read them in that order, as it's a continuing story.

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

aslindy: definitely not too pink and sparkly here. Rich variety of colors but no sparkles that I recall. :)
    hl_bc97: I think it would go over well with boys and girls, but I haven't met any boys who have read it and I have no brothers, so I can't really say for sure. :)
    Kylandra: so far, no word yet on finishing the series. Keep your fingers crossed!
    ekaser: I will have to check those out. I've heard of them but haven't read them. They're going on my list and hopefully will show up here someday... but the list grows and grows. :)

• LovelyLola 5 years ago

I love these books! I read them for the first time in about first grade, and I still enjoy reading them in college!