Book spotlight (Manga): Bleach by Tite Kubo

Kurosaki Ichigo and members of the Soul Society
Kurosaki Ichigo and members of the Soul Society

Comments

• hl_bc97 5 years ago

This looks like something my son would love to read. Thank you for the information!!

• Dagda 5 years ago

I am a HUGE Bleach fan. I own the first four series (well almost four, the fourth is in two parts) and I love to peruse the manga when ever I get to a book store. You are very right when you say the manga (a Japanese "comic") stays true to the anime (a Japanese "cartoon"). I was lucky enough to go to Japan between my freshman and sophomore year of college. Over in Japan they have stores dedicated to manga. What intrigued me the most was that it wasn't a "kids" store. I would say a large percent of the Japanese people read manga no matter what their age is. We (my friends and I) were there for a few hours because the store was so big; all the manga was in, of course, Japanese which I have a very small knowledge of. So I watched people instead. People would stand in the aisles and read the entire thing (or look at ALL the artwork)! Sorry I got so off topic. Top notch article, thank you for steeping outside the realm of books and diving into something less known in USA
    RunningOutOfRoom,

• aslindy 5 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of anime, but this does look interesting. Not sure I'd want to start with something actually in Japanese, though. Still, thanks for the information!

• Addie.Aynsley 5 years ago

I have a couple friends who are super into manga and anime, hahaha. I'll for sure have to tell them about this one so they can check it out, that is, if they haven't already.

• Quinn Ril 5 years ago

I love Bleach! The story is awesome, and it's fun to watch!
    The first season is definitely the best, although it's fun in the second season when Ichigo "Carrot-top"'s sister starts to beat up hollows. (With a soccer ball.)

• Quinn Ril 5 years ago

Also, aslindy, you can get it in English from...somewhere. I have the first four seasons all in English.

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

Dagda: wow, I would love to go to a bookstore like that!

I was never a fan of anime until my fiance introduced me to Bleach and told me I had to watch it with him. I'm glad I agreed - I am now, shamelessly, addicted to the Bleach series. I just started reading the manga and was amazed and pleased at how well the TV show kept to the manga storyline and artwork.

aslindy: you certainly don't have to watch it in Japanese. If you rent or purchase the DVD collection or the movies, there is the option to play it in either Japanese or English, and also the choice to have English subtitles on or off.

• Stephanie Speck 5 years ago

Great Review!!! ^^

• Kylandra 5 years ago

Bleach was my first anime as well. I have seen all the seasons now too! I found myself very attached to the characters and sucked right into the story line. If you've never seen an anime or read a manga this is a great one to start with.
    Since this show I've been delving into other anime as well. They almost always have a driving plot line and unique characters.