Book spotlight (general fiction): The Book of Lazarus by Richard Grossman

Book of Lazarus by Richard Grossman
Book of Lazarus by Richard Grossman
photo from Amazon.com

Comments

• aslindy 5 years ago

Sounds horrible. I'll be sure not to read it!!

• Quinn Ril 5 years ago

Wow, this book sounds real bad...a ton of random stuff stuck together isn't even a book!

• Dagda 5 years ago

I am glad that you are not "afraid" to type what you think! You already have expanded my library, so I am glad this one doesn't make it... hmm I guess what I'm saying is, I'm glad to know you don't like everything.

While sipping coffee,
    Dagda

• LovelyLola 5 years ago

Oh my! I'm tempted to get it from the library just to see for myself... Sounds scary.

• Kylandra 5 years ago

This sounds like so much of today's modern "art." I fail to see how random thoughts, or blots of paint, or letters can be truly called art. Literature, poetry, paintings, plays... all were created to communicate a message to the viewers. Things like this book succeed only in confusing people.

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

Lola: Be warned, it's really not worth even that. The "horrible book" vibes might send you running from the library, anyway.
    Kylandra: I completely agree. Unfortunately, this was a book I was required to read for a college class I once had. My professor and I got into a bit of a disagreement because I refused to call it a novel. Even calling it a book is a stretch. Just because it has covers and a binding does not make it a book.

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

Dagda: thank you for appreciating this! Sometimes it's necessary to write negative reviews, even though I mostly try to be constructive and uplifting of the authors and books I feature here. However, I also think it is important to remind everyone here that I do, in fact, have genuine opinions about books, and I don't just write "WOW this is so good!" articles for everything.

• Addie.Aynsley 5 years ago

Oh go on, you know you loved it just a lil bit :P

I'll be sure'n to stay clear of this one, thanks for the heads up.

:D

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

Addie: I did? I must have missed that somewhere... :)