Book spotlight (Children's): Falling Up by Shel Silverstein

Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
photo from Amazon.com

Comments

• LovelyLola 5 years ago

I love Shel Silverstein! He is one of my favorite poets. I hope that everyone gets the chance to read his works.

• lollypop 5 years ago

I, too, love books that almost sing when they're read aloud.

• Kim 5 years ago

When I was little, I learned about poetry from Where the Sidewalk Ends, and I fully expected all poets to be as cool as Shel. I have to say, much of my required reading in school couldn't hold a candle, and I still appreciate all the quirks of Shel's work. No Robert Burns, ofcourse, but a master nonetheless.

• aslindy 5 years ago

These are great books! I have always loved them.
    I seem to recall one about "Nobody Loves Me" and also one about a sister...

• Addie.Aynsley 5 years ago

This children's book sounds absolutely precious. Wonderful review, thanks.

• Dagda 5 years ago

I can remember reading these books when I was little. I loved them and had, at one point, a lot of the poems memorized for a "show and tell" sort of thing at my elementary school. This article is very nostalgic, thanks for the review and the reminder!

Typed while waiting for tea to cool,
    Dagda

• Stephanie Speck 5 years ago

25 eels!

• Christina 5 years ago

I love this book, as well as other works by Shel Silverstein... such as "Where the Sidewalk Ends" and "The Giving Tree"

• Kylandra 5 years ago

My Mom had all of Shel Silverstein's books and she read some of the poems to me. I proceeded to read the rest on my own and I just love all the crazy characters and stories in the poems. His poems are just so much fun!

• SarahLindesmith 5 years ago

aslindy: yep, Nobody Loves Me is a great one. I still remember most of it and I learned it way back in grade school.

Dagda: Tea? I'm shocked! What happened to the coffee? :)

Christina: I love The Giving Tree as well. Amazing story. Wasn't there a book called The Missing Piece, too? I seem to remember liking that one as well...

• quinnril 5 years ago

This is one of my favorite authors! I love almost all of his poems!