Mark Halperin and John Heilemann wrote that Obama made the comments while discussing drone strikes with his aides.
In a review of the book, Peter Hamby wrote that "goodies" like this were "mined over three years from deep-background interviews with the candidates, their aides and the small galaxy of Washington fixers who surrounded the campaigns."
Hamby said other tidbits include: "Christie’s raging temper; Romney adviser Stuart Stevens vomiting backstage after Clint Eastwood’s performance art in Tampa; Romney’s fascination with fat people, including his habit of ribbing male campaign staffers about dating overweight women; George W. Bush calling Rick Perry, his gubernatorial successor in Texas, 'a chicken-[expletive] guy'; Obama’s team secretly polling and focus-grouping the notion of replacing Joe Biden with Hillary Rodham Clinton on the Democratic ticket; and so on."
"It’s a book that will launch a thousand listicles," he added.
Obama, The Blaze said, has been "skewered" by critics from both sides of the political aisle over his use of drones against alleged terrorists.
Some, however, say the president has now moved from drones to the healthcare system, citing the millions of Americans -- including cancer patient Edie Littlefield Sundby -- who have lost their medical coverage thanks to Obamacare.
Sundby wrote at the Wall Street Journal that she has fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer for almost seven years. But thanks to Obamacare, she received a cancellation notice and has "been forced to give up a world-class health plan" and a "world-class physician."
Now she wonders how long she'll live under the new law.
"What happened to the president's promise, 'You can keep your health plan'? Or to the promise that 'You can keep your doctor'?" she asked.
A reader at The Blaze said Obama's "just getting started."
"I thought he was talking about Obamacare …. it will kill more than the drones," another reader said.
Ironically, Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
- Online protest asks Americans to tweet cancellation notices to White House
- Dem. Rep. Steve Cohen on Obamacare flaws: 'Change is hard. Get over it'
- Disturbing: Fox's Jim Angle says Obamacare operator knew he was in the media
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Sebelius denies Obama broke promise that Americans can keep current insurance
- Top Democrat admits: ‘We knew’ Americans would lose their health care under Obamacare
- WH website still promising you can keep your health insurance
- Dem Rep. John Lewis: Opposition to Obamacare is racism
- Obama admin knew of policy cancellations for years, claims ACA not responsible
- Video shows 19 times Obama lied about reducing insurance premiums by $2500 per year
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare 'crown jewel of socialism'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Boeing to cut back on health care thanks to Obamacare
- Five most memorable Democratic House quotes of 2010
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee are 'terrorists'
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?