A tree house that appears out of no where? Before Jack and Annie can say “What's happening?” they are whisked away to the prehistoric past. Will they get home before dark... or will they become some giant creature's dinner? Pre- meeting
Activities: Jack studies the dinosaurs and makes notes about them. You can do the same by visiting the museum, reading a book, or checking out a kid friendly website about dinosaurs. Pick a dinosaur and take notes to share with the group on discussion day!
Reading Level 2.0
A Garden or Park
A Natural Museum
A Library or bookstore
A Tree House, or a room set up to look like inside the Tree house. Add lots of stacks of books, and pictures of “windows” looking outside to Dinosaur Land.
Snacks: Click here for ways to make T-rex Teeth, Stegosaurus Salad, Dinosaur shaped sandwiches and a lot more
Extras: Click Here for games, Crafts, and more snack and decorating ideas
1. Creative Thinking: When the story begins Annie is pretending a monster is after them. What do you think a monster would look like? In the story, does the T-rex sound like a monster? How about the other Dinosaurs?
2. Creative Thinking: What would you do if you found a tree house full of books? If you had a tree house what would you put in it?
3. Self-Expression: What are your favorite kinds of Books? If you could make a wish and one of your books would come to life which one would it be? Why?
4. Self Expression: When Jack and Annie met the flying dinosaur, Annie tried to make friends with it and Jack decided to study it like a scientist. What would you have done?
5. Memory: What kind of notes did Jack take about Henry the Pteranodon? (Answer: Fuzzy Skin, Small brain, mouth like scissors)
6. Memory and Recognition: What dinosaur looks like a Rhinoceros, with three horns instead of one? (Answer: Triceratops)
7. Memory: What kind of notes did Henry make about the Triceratops? (Answer: Eats Flowers, Eats slowly, Nice).
8. Memory and Reasoning: Why did the Duck Billed dinosaur get mad at Annie? How did she make up with the mommy dinosaur?
9. Memory and Recognition: What dinosaur could eat a human in one bite?
10. Memory: How do Jack and Annie find out someone had come to Dinosaur Land before them? (Answer: They find a medallion with a Letter M on it).
11. Memory: How do Jack and Annie get back to Frog Creek? Why do they decide not to tell anyone about their amazing adventure?
Kindle Edition: Dinosaurs Before Dark