"Bones" season 9 premieres in just a couple of weeks, and on Tuesday, Sept. 3, FOX made episode 1, "The Secrets in the Proposal," available to the press, and we very much enjoyed it. It's a solid premiere. So what's coming up next after that big finale?
First of all, a quick recap. When "Bones" season 8 ended, Pelant did his evil genius thing and intervened after Brennan had proposed to Booth. The couple was able to be happy for just a short time before Booth had to break off their engagement because Pelant threatened to kill innocent people if he didn't. So what's coming up next? Here are 10 teasers about the season 9 premiere, "The Secrets in the Proposal" (warning, spoilers ahead!):
- There is a time jump.
- "You are tin foil hat paranoid." We're not including any context, just this quote.
- As we already know, Angela is really angry about what Booth did. As you'll see in the premiere, she's not keeping that secret whatsoever. You may not like it, but remember, she's Brennan's best friend. And she's reacting exactly like a best friend would react to seeing her friend hurting. Don't judge it until you've seen it.
- On the Booth/Brennan front, without really revealing anything, things are tense when the premiere begins for the couple, as you would expect, but there are also a few really sweet lines.
- Someone really wants to finish a martini.
- Daisy's so dedicated to her job, she'll cancel plans for the next few days. Bad news for a fireman.
- The premiere sets up a future return for Freddie Prinze Jr. (who plays Danny Beck, CIA agent and old army buddy of Booth's), which is good news because it's really entertaining to watch him and David Boreanaz in scenes together. Plus, his character is fun.
- Someone else we'd like to see back is Mather Zickel, who plays Aldo, Booth's former priest-turned-bartender. His scenes with Booth and Brennan won't disappoint and are among the best of the episode.
- There's some promotion (and perhaps a reminder for viewers) for another show on FOX at one point.
- Certain numbers appear at one point in the premiere. Keep an eye out for them.
"Bones" season 9 will premiere Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. on FOX. What are you hoping to see in "The Secrets in the Proposal"? Want to know something else? Head to the comments and maybe we'll add it to our preview.