Bon Jovi talked with Katie Couric on “Katie” about his 19-year-old daughter's heroin overdose, telling Couric, it was “the worst phone call ever.” According to the Huffington Post on March 21, 2013. Bon Jovi's daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, was found unresponsive in her college dorm room in upstate New York, with a small amount of heroin in the room.
Until that night, when he received the phone call about Stephanie being found unresponsive, he had no idea that she was doing drugs, never mind heroin. This was a wake up call for the rocker and today he is astonished over the amount of people that have opened up to him about their sons or daughters suffering with drug problems.
It was back in November when Stephanie's problem came to a head and she was rushed to the hospital after she was unable to wake up after taking the heroin. She was hospitalized and the 51-year-old rocker reports that she's doing well today. He said after something like this you surround them with help and love and then move on, which is the point that Bon Jovi is at today. “Steph is a great kid,” said the proud papa.