A healthy lifestyle is nothing but attitude, a dedication towards getting the best out of life. An unhealthy body would not allow you to live your life to the fullest and would impair your social life as well. Health fanatics on the other hand, not only are able to relish every moment of life but they have a passionate driving force that takes them to the way of optimum health. In addition to constant procrastination, the damaging lifestyle today hampers the health routine. Long sitting hours, bad food, lack of physical work out all come together to host an unhealthy body.
A well-built body and an attractive physique is not only the fastest and easiest way to attract women, but is an indication of a disciplined, passionate individual. Only a man who can stick to a rigorous health routine can stick to a woman!
Bodybuilding and weight management go hand in hand. You cannot even dream of a perfectly toned body if your weight is not in control. However, more important is where you are gaining weight. As bodybuilding involves weight gain too, you have to be extremely careful as to where you gain weight and how you gain it. The two main factors governing your bodybuilding regimen and weight management program are your diet and exercises. Here however, we’d be concentrating on dietary habits and tips in general for beginners.
1. Set achievable goals- If you dream that you’d get a body like that of Ryan Reynolds, you’re being highly unrealistic. Bodies like that require months and years of dedication, sacrifice, and hard work. Of course, it always helps to have an idol and an aim to reach for but remember perseverance is the key.
2. Make gradual changes in your lifestyle- You won’t be able to do a 100 crunches on the first day of your workout no matter how dedicated you are. Start slow but be steady. Introduce gradual and subtle changes so that you and your body can adapt without any major difficulties.
3. Substitute Cheerios with Granola- Avoid simple sugars in all forms. Granola is a healthier option than Cheerios and is tasty too!
4. Switch fried eggs with poached eggs- Eggs being a storehouse of proteins are essential for any bodybuilder. However, you can cut down the fat that goes in along with the eggs.
5. Avoid empty calories and simple sugars at all costs- The nutritional requirements of a bodybuilder are not drastically different from a non-bodybuilder. But when you are aiming at long hours of workout and increased stamina, you have to be careful about what you eat. Always prefer nutrient-dense foods, i.e. foods that have combinations of vitamins, minerals, fibers, fats etc.
6. Replace the mayonnaise with yogurt or guacamole- Beat up the natural flavored yogurt and you can add mustard powder, pepper and salt and you have a healthy, fat free substitute for mayo. Yet another healthier option is to switch it with guacamole.
7. Engage in another physical activity- If the workouts at gym get a bit too much for you, opt for some other physical activity that interests you. You can sign up for dance classes or yoga classes or pick up your wrestling gears and apparel and start with wrestling lessons, no matter what it is, it should include a strenuous physical workout that helps building stamina, strength and discipline.