Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®), the global leader in music rights management, and sponsors City National Bank and Revolt TV, announced today Aug 12, 2014 that it will present the President's Award to Christopher 'Ludacris' Bridges at the 2014 BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards.
Additional invited guests include:
• August Alsina, Tamar Braxton, Katrina "Trina" Taylor
• Bryan "Baby" Williams, Chauncey "Hit-Boy" Hollis, DJ Khaled
• DJ Mustard, Eric Bellinger, Faith Evans, Future
• Courtney Love, Lil Wayne, Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell
• Mannie Fresh, Mystikal, PJ Morton, YG and more hit-making scribes.
• BMI’s 2014 R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, draws the entire entertainment community together to celebrate the songwriters, producers and publishers of the most-performed R&B/Hip-Hop songs of the previous year.
• The President’s Award is bestowed upon an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in songwriting with profound global influence on culture and the entertainment industry.
• BMI's 2014 R&B/Hip-Hop Awards will also present honors in the following categories: Most Performed R&B/Hip-Hop Songs of the Past Year, BMI Billboard #1’s, R&B/Hip-Hop Producer of the Year, Top BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Producers, R&B/Hip-Hop Publisher of the Year, R&B/Hip-Hop Song of the Year, R&B/Hip-Hop Songwriter of the Year and Social Star Award.
• As the 2014 honoree, Ludacris will join elite ranks that include will.i.am, Adam Levine, Carlos Vives, Taylor Swift and Pitbull.
• BMI President and CEO Mike O'Neill and Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations, Atlanta, Catherine Brewton will share the evening’s hosting duties with Revolt Vice President, Marketing Kenny Burns.
• Friday, August 22, 2014
The Pantages Theatre
6233 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Celebrating 75 years of service to songwriters, composers, music publishers and businesses, Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 8.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news check out their official website, follow them on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.’s Facebook page.