Make one of your family spring trips a visit to Bluebonnet Trails around Ennis, Texas and the Bluebonnet Trails Festival- April 12-13, 2014.
Here’s some history and information to help you plan your trip compliments of the Ennis Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Ennis Garden Club- Celebrating 63 Years of Ennis Bluebonnet Trails.
Be sure and watch the video on 25 Sure Signs You Grew Up in Texas and spot the Bluebonnets.
Bluebonnet State Flower of Texas, Ennis designated Official Bluebonnet City
Ennis Texas was selected by the 1997 Texas State Legislature as the home of the "Official Texas Bluebonnet Trail" and was also conferred the "Official Bluebonnet City of Texas," in keeping with the Texas State Flower being a bluebonnet.
Official Texas Bluebonnet Trail
- From April 1-30, Ennis showcases over 40 miles of mapped driving Bluebonnet Trails sponsored by the Ennis Garden Club.
- These bluebonnet bloom trails are the oldest such trails known in the state, and tens of thousands of visitors make the short trek to Ennis to view this wonderful wildflower show.
- The Ennis Garden Club will drive the trails to check the flower bloom status each week starting in April. The Club then reports to the Ennis Convention and Visitors Bureau about the latest status of the bluebonnet bloom so that visitors can be well informed where the best bluebonnet bloom flower areas are on the trails at the time of their visit.
- Each year, the bluebonnets in full bloom will appear on different trails as these are natural to the area.
- In Ennis, the bluebonnets typically bloom at peak around the 3rd week of April, according to the Ennis Garden Club.
- The flower bloom can vary year to year due to weather conditions and terrain, so please check this website or call 972-878-4748 before your visit.
- Bring your tour groups (church, retirement, senior, etc.). If you would like to experience our bluebonnet flower trails with a garden club expert guide, there is step-on guide service available with advanced reservations at a cost, payable to the Ennis Garden Club. Tours are limited so sign up early. For more information on tours and tour guides, see Ennis Bluebonnet Trails http://www.visitennis.org/bluebonnet.htm
Bluebonnet Trails Festival- April 12-13, 2014
Enjoy a weekend of Arts and Crafts, Bluebonnet Souvenirs, Children's Activities, Exciting Live Music and scenic country rides taking in all the beautiful wildflowers with our Bluebonnet Trails Map.
Saturday, April 12, 2014 (See Ennis Bluebonnet Festival for Sunday’s schedule of events.)
9am - 5pm
Arts and Crafts, Food, Children's Activities, Bluebonnet Souvenirs
9:30am - 10am
Performance by Ennis High School Choir
10am - 3pm
See up to 50 vintage cars in the Antique American Independent Automobile Show
10:30am - 11am
Performance by Sokol Ennis Gymnastics
11am - 1:30pm
The Gatlin Band featuring Waco Thompson (bluegrass)
2pm - 4:30pm