Where lavish styles are concerned, velvet has always had a way of stealing the show.
Whether it's taking the lead in the form of a tailored blazer, drawing stares courtesy of polished tassel loafers, or making a dramatic scene via a turtleneck gown, the velvet experience touts itself as anything but ordinary.
This season velvet has taken on a blue crush, clinging to the color with maximum results. Here are a few blue velvet crush looks that maintain the look for less...
1. Topshop Snake Embossed Velvet Tunic $35 topshop.com
2. ASOS PETITE Structured Velvet Skater Dress $71 asos.com
3. Maggy Navy Velvet Skort $16 fashionunion.com
4. Kriss Soonik 'Lissi' Velvet Bloomer $82 farfetch.com
5. 1969 Velvet Always Skinny Skimmer Pants $20 gap.com
6. 'Paisie' Velvet Dress $ johnlewis.com
7. 'Nessie' Navy Velvet Bodycon Dress 96 reiss.com
8. Topshop Velvet Crush Garlands $40 topshop.com
9. ASOS 'Hammersmith' Heel Sandals $52 asos.com
10. Michael Antonio 'Bowen' Midnight Velvet Heel $100 heels.com