The Northeast blizzard is expected to dump up to two feet of snow from New York to Maine starting on Friday, Feb. 8, 2013.
Amtrak has announced that there will be changes to the Acela Express and Northeast Regional routes starting on Friday, with the possibility of service cancellation on Saturday as well.
- Snowfall Totals: NOAA predicts massive snowfall totals in Northeast
- Check for the latest airline delays, flight cancellation information here
- Check the school closings list for RI, CT, MA, NY, NJ here
Southbound service out of Boston South Station will be suspended following the departures of Northeast Regional train # 137 at 1:40 p.m. and Acela Express train # 2167 at 1:15 p.m.
- Northbound service out of New York's Penn Station will be suspended following the departures of Northeast Regional train # 86 at 12:30 p.m. and Acela Express train # 2160 at 1:03 p.m.
In addition to the Acela Express and Northeast Regional service suspension, there are other changes to the Amtrak schedule on Friday due to the impending blizzard.
- Downeaster service is suspended following the southbound departure of train # 682 from Brunswick, ME at 7:05 a.m. The last northbound departure from Boston North Station will be train # 683, scheduled to depart at 1:00 p.m.
- Train # 448 (connecting service between Albany & Boston to the Lakeshore Limited) is canceled.
- Springfield Shuttle service (Springfield, MA - New Haven, CT) will be suspended following the departure of train # 493 at 10:30 a.m. from Springfield.
- Vermonter service is also canceled in each direction between Springfield, MA & St. Albans, VT.
Amtrak states that service changes for Saturday, Feb. 9 will be announced on Friday.