News out of the blink-182 camp has been slow since the trio wrapped up their reunion tour in favor of some well-deserved rest and renewed focus on side projects. That does not mean, however, that there have not been news-worthy facts, events and happenings involving your three favorite pop-punks Mark, Tom and Travis. Every Saturday, from now until the release of the new album, the "Blink-182 Examiner" page will feature a weekly round-up of all things blink.
- Blink-182 is a nominee for "Most Welcome Return" on Spin.com's "End of the Year Reader's Poll". Currently, the band is second in votes, trailing Alice in Chains by 5%. They are, however, leading other rock heavy-hitters like No Doubt and Jane's Addiction by a wide margin. To vote for blink-182, click here.
- According to a Mark Hoppus Tweet posted on November 20, 2009, the band should be heading back into the studio in January to begin work on their sixth album.
- On November 23, blink182online.com featured a posting regarding new and old blink-182 related merchandise going on sale. You can check out the merch by clicking here. For a 20% discount, enter the code "blackfriday" at checkout.
- On November 18, Mightier Than Sword Productions announced that they would be releasing a limited edition vinyl version of "Dude Ranch", blink's second LP. The label released a vinyl version of blink's breakthrough album "Enema the State" earlier this year.
Travis Barker updates:
- On Tuesday, December 8th, Barker performed with Snoop Dogg and Pharell. Read an article about the event here and check out an extended clip of the show by clicking here.
- On November 30th, Barker posted the following on his Twitter page: "Sorry, turned OFF every computer. haha Headed to the studio in a bit. Me and RZA gonna make a banger for my album." Sounds like Barker has added yet another A-lister to his solo LP.
- According to MTV.com, Barker has promised that a new and unique blink-182 single will be included on his solo album.
- To read up to the minute updates on Travis Barker, visit his Twitter page.
Tom DeLonge (Photo by C.Schwartz/Getty Images)
Tom DeLonge updates:
- It was announced earlier today that Angels & Airwaves will be a featured act at The Bamboozle Music Festival. Bamboozle is a two day event taking place at the Meadowlands from Friday, May 1st thru Saturday, May 2nd, 2010. Other acts scheduled to perform are Weezer, Paramore, Mute Math, Architects and Polar Bear Club. For more information about the festival, and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Originally rumored to be released in February, AVA's film "Love" has been pushed back to the Spring of 2010. It has not been announced whether this will have any impact on the release of the band's third LP of the same title. Both were supposed to have hit box offices and online record stores on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2009. To read more about the film, click here.
- You can watch the trailer for "Love" on i-Tunes by clicking here.
- To read more about Tom DeLonge and AVA, visit his ModLife page.
Mark Hoppus (Photo by C. Spencer/Getty Images)
Mark Hoppus updates:
- Hoppus has been recurited by Spin Magazine to write a new weekly column called "Hopp on Pop". Every wednesday, Hoppus will share his thoughts about current indie bands that he thinks more people should be listening to. Recent articles have focused on Matt & Kim, The Temper Trap and Fun (a band that will also be playing the Bamboozle festival in May).
- On December 7th, Hoppus twittered: "Finished singing my vocals on this song today. I think we're ready for mix!" This could either be for blink's yet to be released lead single, "Up All Night", or perhaps it's part of Travis Barker's upcoming solo album.
- An article on Motion City Soundtrack and their fourth LP release, which was produced by Mark Hoppus, can be read here.
- For never-ending updates on Mark Hoppus, that include both major events and extremely minor ones, like watching TV or literally sitting on the couch and staring into vacuum of time, click here.
If you liked this article, click on the "SUBSCRIBE" button above to receive all future Blink-182 articles via e-mail. Be sure to check out Matt Thomas's other Examiner page for updates on Manhattan music events and artists.