After getting a call yesterday from my VR Counselor, who needed something other than the bank statement in order to have my Social Security benefits verified with their superiors, getting it to them became a problem in at least four ways:
- There was no working scanner or printer at my apartment.
- It would’ve taken a week if it was given to my mother to copy. She only came once a week on Saturdays.
- While the apartment manager let me make a copy, the weather was unpredictable in that it started snowing.
- There was no guarantee the image would’ve been clear enough after using my smart phone to take the picture if it was e-mailed to them.
The strange thing was dealing with the appartment office. Would they have said no because my making a copy of something wasn't allowed? it was job related in that it verified my place at DARS. This was one of those steps in the process of getting a possible position with NTI
To solve this problem, there were two possible solutions:
- Making the copy at the apartment office would’ve meant the copy would’ve been picked up on Saturday. There was another piece that needed mailing along with checking my mailbox on the way back inside.
- Making a copy at church would’ve meant the copy would’ve been picked up by the mail person Monday.
Instead of using the last option above, my smart phone was used. Thank heaven for the crop function. The addressed envelope stood at the ready in case my VR Counselor said the image sent by me was not clear enough and a hard copy was needed. My hesitation increased because there was not enough light where my computer sat after cleaning my apartment before Christmas last year. Today was overcast.
Deuteronomy 28:1-3 (KJV) said:
28 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
By the time my second cup of tea was finished and the envelopes were ready, there was a notification on my phone from my VR Counselor. No hard copy needed mailing. There was no need in getting dressed and going out in the cold for the second time this week. The first time was on Wednesday. A kidney infection that started on Sunday afternoon, required a visit to Clinic Care for treatment.
Today made me feel grateful because it was not known whether taking a picture of my notice of new benefits page would’ve worked using my smart phone. The blessing was that it worked in spite of the unpredictable weather and there was no need getting out into the cold and snow.