Some recipes call for sour cream and depending upon your cooking and shopping styles it might not be on hand in the fridge at all times. There is a simple little recipe that you can create that will give you the taste and texture of sour cream without having to make an extra trip to the store.
- 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- Combine all the ingredients together in the blender or a food processor and mix until creamy.
- Then refrigerate the mixture to chill and set slightly. A few hours or overnight if you prefer.
Now you will have approximately 1 cup of sour cream on hand that is low-fat and ready to use in recipes or add as a topping to your favorite dishes.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: