St. Patrick's Day is coming and we all want the gift of gab. We can't just pick up and go to Ireland to kiss the Blarney Stone so let's just make our own. This is a very simple craft you can do with your child.
1 cup of flour
1 cup of used coffee grinds
1/2 cup of salt
1/4 cup of sand
1 cup of water
A mixing bowl
Small trinkets or toys (like plastic 4 leaf clovers)
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Slowly add water to make a stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough in the bowl until it is smooth.
4. Break the dough into desired rock sizes.
5. Hide small trinkets in the center of a ball of dough.
6. Set it in a safe place until it is dry (about 3 or 4 days).
Once it is completely dry it will look and feel like a real rock. You can carefully break open the rock with a hammer to find the "treat" inside.
*We are going to hide our Blarney Stones for a St. Patrick's Day stone hunt.
* I found little glittery St. Patrick's Day symbols to put inside of our stones. I wasn't able to find plastic clovers.
* We only used about half of the water.
* I put newspaper done on the table for the kids to work on.
* I have been turning our stones once or twice a day to help them dry.