This recipe has outstanding flavor in itself and is enhanced by the sweet-spicy flavors of our homemade Cajun salsa. The dish can be served with any kind of rice and steamed vegetables.
Origin: our kitchen
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
· 2 catfish filets
· 2 tsp Emeril’s essence
· Olive oil
· Fresh pepper
Ingredients for Cajun salsa
· 16 oz petite diced tomato
· 3 sweet peppers (sliced)
· 2 green onions (sliced)
· 1 nectarine (cubed)
· 1 tbsp dried onions
· 1 tbsp diced jalapeno
· 1 tsp paprika
· ½ tsp cayenne pepper
· 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
· 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
· 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
· Soften the sweet peppers in olive oil over high heat.
· Reduce heat and add all ingredients.
· Stir well and let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Salsa can be made one day in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to use.
· Coat the catfish with olive oil and rub with essence. Season with fresh pepper to taste.
· Place the filets on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes.
· Place under hot broiler for 5 minutes or until blackened as desired.
· Reheat salsa to room temperature or higher prior to serving.
Plate the catfish and top with warm Cajun salsa. Serve extra on the side.
We served our dish with Zatarain red beans and rice and French cut green beans in butter sauce.