Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. TV

Black sheep ‘Bachelor’? Juan Pablo Galavis slammed during ‘The Bachelor’ finale

See also

If there was any doubt that ABC has been trying to distance itself from “The Bachelor” star Juan Pablo Galavis, last night’s finale put that to rest. The March 10 season finale of the reality romance series had the contestants, the audience, and even host Chris Harrison dissing the Venezuelan soccer player.

On March 10, ABC News posted video of the awkward finale, with host Chris Harrison questioning the outcome. “I don’t know what I’m looking at!” he said of the Galavis and his final pick.

Galavis chose pediatric nurse Nikki Ferrell, but he didn’t propose to her or tell her that he loved her. Instead, the 32-year old single dad said, "I have a ring here in my pocket and I'm not going to use it. I'm not 100 percent sure I want to propose to you, but at the same time I'm 100 percent sure I don't want to let you go."

On the live “After the Final Rose” special, Galavis refused to say that he loved Nikki, and also disregarded a “big surprise” that Harrison had been touting all evening.

But the episode's most shocking moment was when runner up Clare Crawley revealed that “The Bachelor” star said something “offensive and insulting” to her when the cameras weren’t rolling. When he dumped her, Crawley lashed out at Galavis, saying, "I saved this moment for the man of my dreams, I thought that as you, I thought I knew what kind of man you were. I would never want my children having a father like you."

Galavis’ response as she stormed off: “I’m glad I didn’t pick her.”

The “After the Final Rose” special had Harrison egging Galavis on and asking Nikki how long she’ll stick around if he doesn’t say the L word. (Answer: Not long.) When Galavis said he and Nikki were “done” with the show, last season’s “Bachelor” winner Catherine Giudici warned them not to “bite the hand that’s feeding you.”

Galavis also hinted that the couple’s plans changed two weeks ago when he got inside information from producers. (Huh?) “We have our plans, but it's something we want to keep very private," he said, refusing to give further details.

A show insider told Yahoo TV that producers were “definitely ready” for Juan Pablo’s season to be over, citing the anti-gay comments the star made back in January.

Advertisement

Today's top buzz...

  • Backstreet Boys
    The Backstreet Boys have canceled several upcoming Israel shows, citing safety concerns
    Music Buzz
  • NFL
    The NFL is considering adding a stadium to Los Angeles, but is it a good idea?
    Video
    NFL Buzz
  • Hulk Hogan
    Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin are on board for this year's WWE SummerSlam
    WWE News
  • Paul McCartney
    Get an exclusive look at Paul McCartney's soundcheck for a recent performance
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • Oscar contenders
    Oscar season is about to begin as fall festivals announce films
    Camera
    9 Photos
  • Sammy Hagar
    Sammy Hagar is taking fans on a raucous history of rock on the road
    Camera
    20 Photos

Related Videos: