With Black Friday 2013 approaching and just a little over a month away; Amazon is preparing for the hordes of shoppers that will flood its website in the coming month. As revealed by GottaDeal on Oct. 22, 2013, though, they aren't going to make a lot of shoppers happy with a change that has quietly happened in recent days.
The first change in more than 10 years has been made to the shipping charges for Amazon and it isn't in favor of the customers.
Amazon.com has raised the threshold of their free shipping. In order to get free shipping on your purchases; you must now spend a minimum of $35 instead of just $25.
Many may really want to look into Amazon Prime and take full advantage of the 30-day free trial that is offered. With this service, shoppers can get unlimited free 2-day shopping with no minimum order needed for only a minimal cost after the free trial.
This comes right on the heels of Walmart announcing changes to their shipping for the upcoming holiday shopping season. Walmart is offering up better pricing on shipping that is bound to have a number of customers sitting at home and making their purchases.
- Target 2013 Holiday Toy Book - Part One, Part Two, Part Three
- GameStop's 12-game Black Friday 2013 ad leaked online
- Walmart announces free shipping promotions for shoppers
- Macy's Black Friday 2013 deals leaked online
- Lowe's has inventory list leaked for Black Friday 2013
- Full Fred's ad for Black Friday 2013
- Harbor Freight Tools releases Black Friday 2013 ad
- Macy's confirms opening times and gives sneak peek of doorbusters
- JCPenney reveals the return of the beloved Disney snow globes for Black Friday 2013