Black Friday falls this year on Nov. 29, 2013, but of course, there are a great number of sales that actually begin the day before on Thanksgiving. While that has caused quite a stir with many people; it isn't going to stop Black Friday sales from being huge. With that being said, one has to know everything there is to know before venturing out to the stores and that includes price matching.
There are so many ways to save when Black Friday begins, and one of those ways is price-matching, but you've got to know how to do it. You can't just walk in there with a competitor's ad and expect them to always give you the price you want on an item.
Rules and regulations are in place and you've got to know them.
Best Buy is a store that will price match in their stores and online, but online price matching can be a little confusing. Just because you say it is on Amazon.com doesn't mean they're going to just believe you when you go to price match. Make sure you've got proof.
Target is another major retailer that will price match, but they have a time limit. They'll only accept a price match request within seven days of purchase, and the price match must be from a competitor's ad that has been printed within the same week.
Walmart is a retailer that has less exclusions than most other stores, but you've still got to always check and make sure what you are doing.
It can be really easy to get confused when it is time for Black Friday price matching so here are a few big things to remember:
- Always bring your ads with you
- For online price matching, have the website name and website address of the item(s)
- Make sure your ads are recent and printed within the last week
- Check to make sure what exclusions and other requirements are in place for the store you are requesting a price match from
- Send in your mail-in rebates/price matches right away
- Walmart 2013 Holiday Toy Book - Part One, Part Two
- Target 2013 Holiday Toy Book - Part One, Part Two, Part Three
- Kmart 2013 Holiday Toy Book - Part One, Part Two, Part Three
- GameStop's 12-game Black Friday 2013 ad leaked online
- Walmart announces free shipping promotions for shoppers
- Target announces they will be open on Thanksgiving for Black Friday sales
- Macy's Black Friday 2013 deals leaked online
- Ace Hardware releases their full Black Friday 2013 ad
- Amazon announces free shipping threshold raised to $35
- Lowe's has inventory list leaked for Black Friday 2013
- Full Fred's ad for Black Friday 2013
- Harbor Freight Tools releases Black Friday 2013 ad
- Macy's confirms opening times and gives sneak peek of doorbusters
- JCPenney reveals the return of the beloved Disney snow globes for Black Friday 2013