"Now if he thinks he's Joe Stalin or somebody, let him try it," Alford said.
"The guy's tyrannical, don't you think?" he added.
The Daily Caller said that Alford supported Obama during the 2008 election and voted for him, but has since changed his mind.
“I don’t really support him too well and he knows it and that’s a badge of honor. He’s bad. He’s bad and I supported him. I voted for him the first time around. I had hopes because he was black. Shame on me,” he said.
"Then when he started doing all these executive orders, banning right-to-work and other things, hurting my members, my constituents. I had to back off. I had to represent my people," he added.
Alford was asked about Obama's now-famous "share the wealth" answer to "Joe the Plumber" during the 2008 election.
At first, Alford said he "ignored" the remark.
"I said, ‘well, maybe he’s just talking.’ He was serious. He was real serious and it is truly — if you read the Communist Manifesto — that’s that philosophy. He is not Adam Smith. He does not believe in capitalism the way American, our Founding Fathers did. He is very social and it’s getting borderline communist,” he added.
According to the Daily Caller, Alford made his comments at the National Press Club after an anti-gun control news conference earlier this week.
Video of Alford's comments can be seen here.
- Op-ed: Obama 'acting like an arbitrary tyrant' destroying the Constitution
- Sheila Jackson Lee: Obama should rule like dictator on payroll tax cut extension
- Sheila Jackson Lee urges Pres. Obama to rule like a dictator on debt ceiling
- Former Soviet dictator Mikhail Gorbachev says he supports Barack Obama
- Communist Party endorses Barack Obama for re-election
- Communist defector warns of alliance between Democratic Party and communists
- Communist Party USA chair endorses Obama's jobs plan, tax hikes
- Communist Party USA celebrates Obama's re-election
- Blog: Communists won with Obama re-election