This morning, Phil Wahba published a report entitled, “Bitcoin ATMs to open soon in US”, sending shockwaves to businesses across the US. The Las Vegas-based company, Robocoin, is scheduled to install the first two Bitcoin ATMs in America by the end of February 2014.
How to Use Bitcoin ATMs
US installations will start in Austin, Texas and Seattle, Wash. The kiosks will be very similar to traditional automated teller machines (ATMs). However, there will be two big differences:
- Instead of the machines scanning credit cards and debit cards, they will be set-up to scan passports, government issued driver’s licenses, identification cards, etc… These will be used to identity confirmation purposes.
- Instead of spitting out cash from debit card withdrawals and credit card cash advances, users will receive digital currency in the form of Bitcoin.
Users will have the ability to buy Bitcoin from the Robocoin ATMs in one of two ways:
- Insert cash into the kiosk in exchange for Bitcoin virtual currency.
- Deposit cash in order to transfer funds from or into a virtual wallet using any smartphone or computer.
More Information about Bitcoins
Bitcoin is a form of digital, virtual currency, launched by an anonymous person in 2008. It’s currently traded throughout the world, using computers and smartphones. No government entity, whatsoever, has a stake or assets behind it, nor does any single company. However, its value and issuance is strictly controlled, almost like money minting is controlled by a central banking system.
How Much is Bitcoin Worth?
As of today, the value of Bitcoin as at about $636. The more the visibility of the digital currency increases, the more its value has fluctuated over tie. For example, its value was about $150 in September 2013. By that same December, it had increased to nearly $1,000.
Where to Buy Bitcoins in Las Vegas, Nev.
The number of places where consumers can buy Bitcoins continues to rise. So, where do locals go to buy Bitcoins in Las Vegas? The following are physical locations within the Las Vegas, Nev. metropolitan area where consumers can buy and sell Bitcoin digital currency:
- SameDay-BTC – This Bitcoin exchange company accepts cash at their physical location inside the Stratosphere at 2000 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NEV. 89104.
- Coinbus.com – This Bitcoin merchant consultant offers free exchanges for local merchants in the Las Vegas metropolitan area. They also teach local merchants how the make their businesses get the most from Bitcoins. Located at 2360 Corporate Circle · Suite 400, Henderson, NEV. 89074.
Who Accepts Bitcoins in Las Vegas?
The number of local retailers who accept Bitcoins in Las Vegas is also growing. Below, I’ve listed 15 Sin City retailers who accept Bitcoin inside their physical locations:
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel – One of the oldest hotel/casinos in Las Vegas. Accepts Bitcoin payments for reservations and accommodations at the front desk, The D Shop, American Coney Island and Joe Vicari’s Andiamo Italian Steakhouse.
- Golden Gate Hotel & Casino – One of the city’s most historical hotel/casinos. Bitcoins accepted for accommodations and reservations at the front desk and other on-site locations.
- George D. Greenberg, Attorney at Law – One of the first Bitcoin Lawyers in the US located at 7674 W Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 245, Las Vegas, Nev. 89128
- The Crepe Las Vegas – Located inside Tivoli Village within The MarketLV at 420 S. Rampart #150, Las Vegas, NEV.
- Apocalypse Las Vegas – Survival gear and weapons store located at 3420 Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, NEV.
- eVapes and Hydroponics – Hydroponics equipment, Vaperizers and supply located at 4972 S Maryland Pkwy #4, Las Vegas, NEV.
- Phoenix Salon – Local salon services located at 9151 S. Las Vegas Blvd #322, Las Vegas, NEV. 89123
- Thought Division – Full service creative agency and production company located at 10795 W. Twain Ave #100, Las Vegas Nevada 89135
- Sammy Scissorhands – Local hair dresser experimenting with the Bitcoin Tip Jar located at 1775 E Tropicana Ave, Suite 15, Las Vegas NEV. 89119
- Breeanne’s Nails – The Salon @ Lakeside located at 2620 Regatta Drive, Ste. 209b, Las Vegas, NEV. 89128
- Chess for Kids – Weekly chess classes and games for kids located at 10604 S Eastern Ave, Henderson, NEV.
- Be Located Online – Helps local Las Vegas small businesses and entrepreneurs get found online located at 1000 N Green Valley Pkwy , Henderson, NEV. 89074
- Hannig Fab Works – Custom metal fabrication shop located at 5216 Glendale Ave., Las Vegas, Nevada 89156
- Vegas Budget Dental – General and Cosmetic Dentistry located at 6376 Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, NEV. 89146
- Carl’s Cool Cars – Auto care services for big rigs, classics and late model automobiles located at 5115 Dean Martin Drive, Suite 603, Las Vegas, NEV. 89118
- Haeran Dempsey Real Estate – Buy, lease and/or rent more than 100 residential and commercial properties in Las Vegas with Bitcoin located at 7942 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NEV. 89117
Who is Robcoin?
Robocoin is a locally-based, Las Vegas company. After installing the very first Bitcoin ATM last fall in Vancouver, Canada, Robocoin moved on to install another in Calgary, Alberta which should be operational by the end of February 2014.
The Las Vegas business is hoping to establish Robocoin-managed Bitcoin ATMs to San Francisco, Calif. and Los Angeles, Calif. soon. They are currently running an IndieGoGo campaign with hopes of raising $7,205 within the next 53 days in order to come up with the capital needed to “bring Bitcoin to California.”
‘RoboCoin is Bitcoin’s First Real ATM. Never before have people been able to buy and sell Bitcoin with such ease. RoboCoin is also the smartest way to iNev.est in Bitcoin.’ Robocoin Blog