Intro: Bisquick fried chicken is a delicious and easy fried chicken recipe. This oven-fried chicken dish combines Bisquick biscuit mix plus your spices and chicken. Easy recipes like this plus buttermilk fried chicken and classic fried chicken recipes offer you some great options for yummy chicken meals for your family.
More Easy, Quick Chicken Recipes:
- How to make chicken and wild rice soup in the Dutch oven
- Chicken soup recipes from scratch: Italian chicken Parmesan
- Potato salad pesto with green beans and chicken
- Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest. Or Subscribe to this column to get FREE automatic updates. I never sell your information.
Bisquick Fried Chicken: Easy Recipes for the Frying Challenged
I'm embarrassed to admit this, having grown up eating and working in our family diner, Lakey's Cafe. For the longest time, I was terrible at making almost any kind of fried chicken recipe. For those who don't understand diner culture, delicious fried chicken recipes are a menu staple, and if you can't whip up a good batch of classic Southern fried chicken…Well, let's just say it's like being a non-swimmer in a family of lifeguards. People just kind of look at you funny.
Enter the Bisquick fried chicken recipe. Yummy and easy enough for Buffy to make. This means that fried chicken = easy! Yay! But never fear. If you had something a little more elaborate in mind, read on. I've pulled some great chicken recipes from around the web. At least one of them should be right for you.
Fried Chicken: Easy Recipes from Around the Web
For those who aren't as challenged in the fried chicken department as I am, you may want to try some of the delish chicken recipes from around the web. My favorites come from Paula Deen and Bobby Flay, but I've included two other ones besides.
- Food Network celeb chef Ina Garten makes a mean Oven Fried Chicken Recipe. It's the kind of dish that needs to be refrigerated overnight, which allows the spices and such to really permeate the whole recipe. Mmmmm!
- Bobby Flay has come up with a Classic Fried Chicken with a spicy sauce. Taaaasteeeey!
- Miss Paula Deen contributes two fried chicken recipes to this list. Her famous recipes for Buttermilk Fried Chicken as well as her Southern Fried Chicken are both delicious chicken recipes.
As for me, the closest I get to being Paula Deen is sometimes making my recipes in Paula Deen pans. Ah, well, no matter. This is my adapted version of the Bisquick Fried Chicken Recipe. I've added a spice or two to make it suitable for my taste. This oven fried chicken recipe is easy to make and delish. Can't beat that, now can you?
Bisquick Fried Chicken: Easy Recipes for the Chicken Challenged
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 c. Bisquick® mix, original
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a baking dish. Make it a 13x9 dish. It should be 2-inches deep. Melt the butter in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the Bisquick plus all the spices.
- Cover the chicken with the Bisquick batter until it's well-coated.
- Place it with the skin-side down in the baking dish once the dish and the butter are hot.
- Bake the Biskquick fried chicken for 30 to 35 minutes, then turn over the chicken pieces to the other side.
- Continue baking the easy fried chicken recipe for another 15 minutes or so.
Tips for the Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken:
- You'll know when the chicken is done. When you cut into the chicken, the juice won't turn pink.
- Serve the fried chicken recipe with some Parmesan mashed potatoes for a complete dinner.
- Watch the video for a green bean slaw recipe to make with your Bisquick fried chicken.
If you enjoyed this Bisquick fried chicken recipe, please feel free to share the URL link at the top of the page with family and friends via email and social media. Come back again soon for more easy and quick chicken recipes!