Choosing the perfect song for each part of your wedding can be another daunting task for a DIY bride. The right song can add a perfect soundtrack to your recessional, first dance, cake cutting, and the many other events that make up your wedding. If you’re having trouble thinking of songs that express what you want to feel on your wedding day, consider Billy Joel’s recently released compilation, She’s Got a Way: Love Songs, for inspiration.
Some of the most popular songs from this collection that are used in weddings are “Just the Way You Are” and “She’s Got a Way.” Used for a first dance, these ballads have a beautiful rhythm and meaningful lyrics that couples can remember with fondness as they celebrate their anniversary for years to come. For more upbeat songs, “Until the Night” and “You’re My Home” are also popular song choices.
Give the songs a listen and start planning the soundtrack to your wedding!
She’s Got a Way: Love Songs track list:
1. Travelin' Prayer (single from Piano Man - 1973)
2. The Night Is Still Young (single from Greatest Hits - Volume I and II - 1985)
3. This Is The Time (single from The Bridge - 1986)
4. She's Got A Way (Live) (single from Songs in the Attic – 1981)
5. Temptation (track from The Bridge - 1986)
6. Nocturne (track from Cold Spring Harbor - 1971)
7. Until The Night (from 52nd Street - 1978)
8. She's Right On Time (from The Nylon Curtain - 1982)
9. You're My Home (b-side of single from Piano Man - 1973)
10. Just The Way You Are (single from The Stranger - 1977)
11. She's Always A Woman (single from The Stranger - 1977)
12. State Of Grace (from Storm Front - 1989)
13. Honesty (single from 52nd Street - 1978)
14. This Night (b-side of single from An Innocent Man - 1984)
15. Shameless (from Storm Front - 1989)
16. An Innocent Man (single from An Innocent Man - 1983)
17. All About Soul (Remix) (single from River of Dreams - 1993)
18. And So It Goes (single from Storm Front - 1989)