As part of the left's campaign to foment hate and violence against conservatives, liberal talker Bill Press claimed that those who participated in Sunday's "Million Vet March" in Washington, D.C. are "idiots" who should've hung Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, in effigy, Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard reported Monday.
"First of all, those three idiots leading the protests, but they’re not the dumbest ones. The dumbest ones there are the idiots who are protesting, right? These are people, they call them vets. I wonder how many really were veterans. I don’t care if they were veterans. They don’t know what the hell they were doing," he said after castigating the protesters for removing the barricades from the World War II memorial and dropping them off at the White House.
"So," Sheppard wrote, "people that risked their lives for Press's freedom are idiots."
The characterization really isn't surprising when one considers it comes from the man who once called the national anthem "an abomination."
Press continued, mentioning some of the left's boogeymen -- Jim DeMint and the Koch brothers -- falsely claiming the protesters were essentially stupid pawns being used by conservative leaders.
"I mean, how dumb can they be?" he asked. "Don’t they realize number one who’s responsible for the shutdown? Don’t they realize that the guy that they were cheering yesterday, Ted Cruz, is the guy behind the shutdown? He’s the guy that, doesn’t everybody know that? Not those idiots. He’s the guy that came up with this idea that has proven to be a colossal failure, that the way to destroy and kill and get rid of Obamacare, the Affordable Care Act, is to shut down the government. That was his idea adopted by the House Republicans and it’s a total failure. Total failure."
He then suggested the protesters should've hung Cruz in effigy.
"And we wouldn’t have entered the shutdown yet, but they’ve abandoned the idea of getting rid of ObamaCare. Everybody says it’s never gonna happen. So, who do they, why are they, why are they following Ted Cruz? They should have been hanging him in effigy at the Memorial. They should have been booing him," he said.
Sheppard reminded Press that it was Obama, not Cruz, who decided to close down the memorials in order to inflict pain on Americans.
Obama himself has admitted inflicting pain to pressure Republicans, but Press refused to mention that.
"Barack Obama did that, and THAT'S what these people were protesting NOT the shutdown," Sheppard wrote. "But Press either doesn't have the intellectual capacity or the honesty to recognize it."
"As such," he asked, "who's the idiot here?"
- Liberal talk show host Bill Press: National anthem an 'abomination'
- Liberal talk show host Bill Press calls Republicans traitors
- Lib talker Bill Press equates Herman Cain with accused Penn State child molester
- Spite: White House reinstalls barricades at World War II Memorial
- Dems demand Cruz denounce 'attacks' on Obama at Million Vet March
- Documentary filmmaker alleges police brutality at Million Vet March
- Police with batons face off against 'Million Vet March' at White House (Video)
- Million Vets March tear down barricades, storm memorials in D.C.
- Obama admits hurting Americans to score political points against GOP
- Liberals on Twitter call for death of actor James Woods, Tea Party
- Obama signs bill restoring death gratuities Jay Carney called unnecessary
- Video: Allen West calls Obama a ‘pathological liar’, ‘spoiled brat child’
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Rumor claims Obama DOT, National Guard to shut down freeway to stop truckers
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Liberals to Obama: Let Americans feel more pain over budget crisis
- Sign on Ga. military chapel: 'Shutdown: No Catholic service till further notice'
- Democrat votes to arrest military chaplains who minister to troops during shutdown
- House to Chuck Hagel: Don't arrest military chaplains during shutdown
- Obama's armed Park Service uses 'Gestapo' tactics against seniors at Yellowstone
- Park Service: No to vets, yes to immigration rally on 'closed' National Mall
- Amber Alert website down due to shutdown, Michelle Obama's 'Let's Move' site up
- Obama's Park Service kicks owners out of private Lake Mead homes over shutdown
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.