This Sunday, March 10th, all DFW bikers are invited to a special service with Landon Spradlin. A special guest and dear friend of the pastors' of Potters’ Wheel, a legendary blues singer, will be blessing the congregation with his unique and uncommon gift of Preaching intertwined with Playing The Blues.
Service starts at 10:30 a.m. located at 6500 Northwest Dr, Mesquite, TX 75150-1329.
Invite your "uncommon" Friends and enjoy "No More Blue Mondays!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQszElZKZ2Y Landon Spradlin You tube
For all the "uncommon" friends of Snoopy and Sharon – below is Landon’s resume:
- Born in New Orleans in 1953, we moved to Southside, VA when I was three. I heard my first Elvis and Little Richard at five.
- By age six, I had my first ukulele
- My first guitar at eight
- When the Stones and the Animals came over, I heard the Blues for the first time and I was hooked.
- I moved back to NOLA in 1997
- Back to Ft Worth, TX (for Blues Finishing School) in 1999
- To Savannah, GA in 2005 and January of 2007, my wife and five kids moved back to Southside VA having made a full circle.
- I'm to an age where I'm not chasing the ring at the Merry-Go-Round......I'm letting it find me. So goes the circle of life....so goes the Blues.
Landon plays the Blues and preaches the Gospel with all his heart...all the time. SELAH (Hebrew word for ‘Stop and think about that’).
The last article of this reporter mentioned that Snoopy, my husband . . . wears his biker colors to church that proudly displays a patch which reads “THESE ARE MY CHURCH CLOTHES” and everyone at Potters’ Wheel hugs his neck with more respect than a banker, because they know right up front “What You See Is What You Get”.
All people in DFW that enjoy going to church on 2 wheels, rather than 4, Potters’ Wheel is where to be this coming Sunday morning. The pickin’ singin’ and preachin’ will be from somebody JUST LIKE YOU so put on your Church-going smile and come on in . . . leathers and bugs included.
Don't miss any Dallas Motorcycle Examiner articles - just click the SUBSCRIBE button above or below this article - it's free and they won't ask your mother's maiden name. Each article will be delivered directly to your email inbox as they're published.