A helmet-cam caught a group of bikers attack an SUV in Manhattan Sunday in a horrific case of road rage. The bikers attack resulted in the driver of the SUV being pulled from his vehicle and left beaten and bloody in the road. One of the bikers was run over by the SUV as well, leaving the rider paralyzed. Police arrested the biker Tuesday that they believe started the whole melee, according to the Daily News on Oct. 1.
Sources said Christopher Cruz, 28, cut 33-year-old Alexian Lien off on the Henry Hudson Parkway, while riding with a "swarm" of other bikers. Lien had his wife and 2-year-old daughter in the Range Rover SUV with him.
That move caused the SUV to bump the back of the motorbike, which then in turn sparked a wild 4-mile chase through upper Manhattan. Cruz, a motorcyclist from Passaic, N.J., has been charged with menacing, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Social media postings by some of the other bikers claim there was an earlier confrontation with Lien not seen on the video. In any case, when Lien pulled over a second time, bikers began bashing in the windows.
That caused Lien to hit the gas to try and escape, unfortunately running over 32-year-old Edwin Mieses. He suffered two broken legs and is possibly paralyzed from the waist down.
Click here to watch video from the helmet-cam that's been viewed over 3.7 million times on YouTube.
Meises was being treated for the broken legs, spinal fractures and bruised lungs. Doctors fear the aspiring rapper, who has two children, may never walk again.
Some bikers tended to Meises, while others chased down Lien. When they managed to corner his vehicle yet again, the angry mob dragged Lien from the vehicle, beating him and slashing his face.
The bloodied Lien was taken to Columbia University Medical Center. He's reported to have received stitches for his wounds and was later released.
NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said officers arrested 15 bikers in all and confiscated 55 motorcycles Sunday during the loosely organized ride, known as the Hollywood Stuntz, according to the Gothamist.
Authorities are said to be seeking charges against a second rider in the incident. The investigation is ongoing. No charges have been levied so far against Lien.






