Photo courtesy of the Associated Press
Kicking off on Saturday, a slew of events, from vendor exhibits to rally rides to exhibits and live music, provide entertainment for just about everyone. The headquarters at Weirs Beach Waterslide open at 9 a.m. on weekends and 8 a.m. each weekday.
Here’s just a sample of some of the events lined up for the week:
- Music at the Market Place offers four bands a day at the Patio Garden Restaurant and the Stageview Grill. Sets are from 12 – 4 p.m., 12:30 – 4:30 p.m., 6 – 11 p.m. and 6:30 – 11:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- The “Full Throttle” exhibit at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont is host to vintage and custom bikes from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for children.
- A guided tour through the White Mountains leaves at 10 a.m. every day from Mt. Washington Harley Davidson.
- The Greasebag Jamboree, a swap meet and bike show, will be held in Laconia at ACME Choppers. Admission is free, as is vendor space. Check out their website for more details.
- A Native American Pow Wow will be held from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Castle in the Clouds. Expect singing, dancing, crafts and exhibits. Indian motorcycle owners get in for free, regular admission is $10 for adults and $5 for seniors and kids.
- At 10 a.m. the first annual Ron Meade Toy Run sets off from Meredith High School at 1 Laker Lane. The parade will benefit children’s charities in NH. To participate, don’t forget to bring an unwrapped toy.
- Celebrate “the longest running motorcycle event in the United States,” the 86th Loudon Classic at the NH Motor Speedway. Gates open at 9 a.m. and admission is $10 for adults and free for children 11 and under.
- Head back to the Speedway for the Vintage Motorcycle Grand Prix. Racing starts at 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- The annual tattoo contest will be held at 4 p.m. at the Weirs Beach Smokehouse.
- At 7 p.m. at Shooter’s Tavern in Belmont is the 15th annual “Best of the Bikers Pool Tournament.”
- Head to the beach at 10 p.m. for a fireworks show.
- The Broken Spoke Saloon, touted as the “world’s biggest biker bar,” is host to a number of events this week including free concerts and the Scenic Charity Ride on the Kancamangus Byway. Registration for the charity ride is at 8 a.m. with the ride leaving at 9:30 to benefit Homes For Our Troops.
- Rally in the Valley brings a motorcycle fashion show to the Met Coffee House in Mt. Washington Valley at 4 p.m.
- Back at the Broken Spoke Saloon, an “East Coast vs. West Coast Biker Build-Off” pits Paul Cox from Brooklyn against Chica from Huntington Beach CA against each other as they vie for your vote. The winner of the build-off will be announced at 10 p.m. at the Saloon.
- The final party ends the week at 6 p.m. at the Paradise Beach Club.
For more information:
Check out Chris Greenleaf, NH's Motorcycle Examiner, for all the details.