Bike ban proposal in Missouri

Comments

• Bob Brown 5 years ago

I love it. You bicyclists are to stupid to stay off the unsafe roadways. To the author "Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow." I hope the ban will be in effect all over the USA.

• Ed W 5 years ago

Thanks, Bob. Your pithy, cogent reasoning and al fresco approach to both spelling and grammar are much appreciated.

• boater175@l2speed.net 5 years ago

Its about time. This is not 1910, way to much traffic for 5 mph bicycles. Why will none of our Senators, put it to a vote of the people? It should be on this falls ballot, ban bikes, yes or no. Let the people of IOWA decide.

• The Lord, Jesus Christ 5 years ago

PLEASE make it so for the rest of the states. I'm sick of these blundering idiots cycling NEXT TO EACH OTHER ON ROADS WITH NO SHOULDER.

• Risan Tanis 5 years ago

I know I'm late to the game, but I'm amazed by the comments. I completely agree with Ed on this. The solution is to lower the speed limit if there is a danger. I'm really curious how many accidents have been on the road from other obstacles. Maybe they don't have an issue with deer like we do in Oklahoma.

-Risan

• Ed W 5 years ago

Early this morning, someone pointed out that the proposed ban in Missouri contravenes state law, but I don't know that for a fact. Regardless, it wouldn't be the first time a local government passed an illegal law in order to pander to their political base. Someone with deep pockets has to oppose it, and the pols gamble that no one will do so. The yeoman's work in all this is shouldered by the state advocacy groups, not LAB. As far as I'm aware, LAB does not offer any financial assistance in fighting these proposals. They do offer advice to those state organizations, but that brings up the question of why anyone would pay dues to the national group when the work is done at the state level.