Biggest Loser winner, Rachel Frederickson, tipped the scale at 105 pounds. A dramatic weight loss can be dangerous for you especially without a personal trainer, nutritionist or physician watching your progress.
What is your health worth? If you cannot afford a personal trainer or exercise equipment then food is the one variable that you must control.
Without any extra effort you can lose weight, increase energy, and maintain a normal weight for your body frame by eating healthy foods. Clinical results have shown weight loss without strenuous exercise. Consider that people who are extremely over weight cannot move much so emphasis must be on food consumption.
Certain foods need to be staples in your diet no matter what the cost. Here is a list of recommendations:
- Check the grocery store’s coupons and sell papers at the entrance. Buy fruits and vegetables of your region.
- Whole grains are high in fiber and rich in vitamins and nutrients. Good choices include pasta, brown rice and whole-wheat breads.
- Fruits and vegetables provide plenty of nutrients. Fruits are high energy foods that are great for breakfast. If you fill half of your dinner plate with vegetables and the other half with whole grains and lean protein then you will have a balanced meal without a lot of calories.
- Lean proteins give you nutrition with less fat. Checking the package when you make a purchase can reveal the percentage of fat in the product. Choose an 85 percent instead of a 73 percent lean product.
- Healthy fats can be good for you in small amounts which are known as unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Olive oil, nuts and fish are among the unsaturated fats. Try at least 2 servings per week of fish such as salmon and tuna. These contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart.
- Avoid between meal snacks.
Remember, you should get life from your food.